Y’all, I’m not gonna lie to you. I have no idea how to make authentic Asian cuisine. I am from biscuits-and-gravy -country. So excuse the less than appealing recipe name, and certainly sub-par Asian cuisine skills, and just trust me that this tastes pretty awesome.
I was craving Asian food- okay, a little more honesty, I really needed something to dip in this Yum-Yum Sauce. So in a way I was craving Asian food. with Yum-Yum Sauce. No exceptions…and that’s exactly what I made! I’m posting the recipe for a (large-ish) single serving size, but feel free to increase it however to suit your needs!
Nutrition info from MyFitnessPal: 551 calories | 5g net carbs | 29g protein | 45g fat
Asian-esque Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2g green onion (approx. 1 tbsp)
- 52g raw broccoli florets
- 22g broccoli slaw (you can find it by the bagged spinach)
- 5.5oz boneless chicken thighs (1 thigh), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp (28g) Makato Yum-Yum Sauce (optional…kind of, not really)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces and broccoli florets to the pan, stirring it around occasionally.
- When the chicken is almost cooked through, add your broccoli slaw, garlic powder, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Stir to coat.
- When the chicken and veggies are cooked through, pour into a bowl or plate and top with green onions. Serve with Yum-Yum Sauce on the side or drizzled on top! Enjoy!